Organization: Kaas Wilson Architects
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota
At Kaas Wilson Architects, we roll up our sleeves and get stuff done. We are a group of 60+ down-to-earth, passionate professionals who strive to better our communities, one building at a time. We work on affordable housing, senior living, renovation, and historic preservation. We do it because we see the impact it makes; and we’ve been rewarded for our efforts with many awards.
We believe in collaboration and teamwork. We respect our differences and park our egos at the door. We embrace hard work because we believe in the communities we’re serving. We are invested in each other’s success. Join us and be part of something bigger than yourself.
Employees receive strong benefit packages with merit-based bonuses, a 401(k) contribution, professional development funds, and health insurance covered at 100% for the employee (plus, lots and lots of coffee when we’re at the office). We work hard, but maintain a flexible schedule, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We believe our work will be better when there is more diversity in our workforce; that our differences strengthen us. Thus, we strongly encourage applications from those who are members of marginalized communities.
We are currently seeking a Job Captain to join our team. The ideal candidate would be described as creative, detail-oriented, professional, self-motivated, personable, articulate, and collaborative.
- Coordinate team efforts, both administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned project
- Create 3D models using Revit, following KWA production standards
- Assist in construction document production and coordination
- Assist in architectural design process from schematic design through contract administration
- Assist project teams with project-oriented efforts, graphic design, administrative and organizational tasks
- Effectively coordinate with all consultants
- Ensure projects meet established milestones
- Mentor junior staff
- 3-5 years of experience as an emerging professional in an architectural firm
- Bachelors’ Degree (BA, BDA, or BS) in Architecture, B.Arch, or M.Arch completed
- Pursuing licensure required
- Proficiency in Revit and some knowledge of SketchUp, and other modeling software programs
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- Multi-family housing experience preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent team management skills
- Some local and regional travel may be required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses
- Paid time off
- Health insurance paid at 100% for employee; dental, vision, and other insurance available
- Professional Development funds for continuing education and professional memberships
- Flexible schedule
- Casual work environment
Submit PDFs of cover letter, resume, and portfolio (maximum size 5 MB) to: Nicole Finsaas-Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org