As an Interior Design Intern at Kaas Wilson Architects, you will be working on a multidisciplinary team of interior designers and architects. The Interior Design Team works on the design, specifications, and furniture for multi-family buildings, senior living facilities, and historic preservation projects. The intern will present ideas to senior designers, assist in organizational tasks, and work with product reps to review and organize our material library. We are looking to find someone who is not afraid to dive in and ask questions, has a positive attitude and the desire to learn, and someone who is passionate about a career in interior design.
This is a summer internship (with the potential for longer) that would assist the Interior Design Team with maintaining materials library, archiving projects, and presenting options for layout, materials, or costs to senior designers
- Consults with senior designers to select materials, furnishings, and decor. Orders or obtains necessary materials, adhering to project and budget specifications.
- Provides support to design staff as needed including estimating material requirements and costs, and administrative tasks.
- Use design applications or other visual aids to demonstrate preliminary designs with aids such as graphics, 3D modeling, or construction documents.
- Maintains reference and materials library.
- Schedules and coordinates product updates with reps and design team.
- Creates finish material board for project as directed by the designer.
- Archives – creates completed job binders to document materials used, budget, and client preferences
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques and other developments in interior design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing interiors.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite and Revit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- No experience necessary.
- High school or GED diploma required.
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field required.
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and other modeling software preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any examples of your work to Nicole Finsaas-Pike at email@example.com.